Saturday, June 25, 2005

The Family Way

I am almost finished with Tony Parson's "The Family Way", very enlightening! I learnt about pre-eclampsia, premature babies, vasectomy, reversed vasectomy, etc which led me to conclude that if you want to start a family, its better earlier than later (or never!) But most importanly, I learnt that family values are universal. Tony really knows how to pull at your heart strings and reading his book is a blast!

Today is a special day, celebrated V's birthday and did alot of catching up. I am so happy to see her finally getting a hang of motherhood and family life. Its flattering that she thinks I will make a great mother... some day. I hope not to disappoint anyone, especially myself but first I must get me a responsible man to begin with (haha, how's that for a dash of humour?) :P

Ok as usual when women gather, the usual question they ask singletons like myself is, "So are you seeing anyone?" Well, I've been happily dating but no serious commitment for now (the last one was traumatic and I need some time to grieve and recuperate.. what can I say, am an emotional schmuck sometimes!)

Anyway, can't wait for Rye to lend me a book he is currently reading "A General Theory of Love" ooohhhh.. I actually recommended him to read "He's Just Not That Into You" first if he is ever to understand the psyche of women's fear (here that, guys?) and make his moves on a certain someone... wonder how that is progressing...?

No comments: